How to Disable the Windows User Account Control Warning Message
The Windows User Account Control (UAC) can block Shorthand from tracking your keystrokes.
You can tell if the UAC is blocking Shorthand if you launch Shorthand and see this message:
Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?
Program name: sh10.exe
File origin: Hard drive on this computer
Follow this procedure to prevent the UAC from blocking Shorthand:
- Shut down Shorthand by choosing EXIT from Shorthand's FILE menu.
- Right-click on the Shorthand desktop icon that you use to launch Shorthand.
The "Shorthand 10 Properties" window should appear.
Click Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure the following 2 boxes are UNSELECTED (not checked):
Run this program in compatibility mode
Run this program as an administrator
If either of the boxes is grayed out:
Click on the Change settings for all users button (at the bottom of the window)
sure both the "Run this program in compatibility mode" and
"Run this program as an administrator boxes" are UNSELECTED (not checked).
- Click the OK button to close "Shorthand 10 Properties" window.
- Start Shorthand by double-clicking on the Shorthand desktop icon.
You should no longer get the User Account Control warning message.